- 805cc 45° V-twin, liquid cooled engine tuned for strong low-end torque and acceleration.
- 45° phase, dual-pin crankshaft minimizes engine vibration.
- The engine is accented with polished cooling fins, cylinder head covers and engine covers.
- Mikuni 36mm constant velocity carburetors provide excellent throttle response and fuel efficiency.
- Silent-type cam chains with automatic tensioners - tensioners are built into the cylinders to maintain the clean look of the engine.
- Digital ignition system for optimum ignition timing at all engine speeds - ignition is powered by a compact maintenance-free battery.
- 5-speed transmission and cable operated clutch with back torque limiter transfer power through a low-maintenance o-ring-sealed chain.
All images are clickable.
The Marauder has a distinctive look and feel with strong low-end torque which gives a good 'kick' when accelerating from standing start. The VZ800 Marauder has a teardrop tank, flat bars, and contoured rear fender. The VZ800 also has a inverted front suspension which offers superior rigidity and accurate steering. Suzuki added more chrome to the first produktion lines, but on newer models you have to add chrome covers. It's long chassis provide spacious seating for both rider and passengers. The Marauder is smooth, and with some tuning it's quite fast. The bike also has custom-styled 3-spoke aluminum front wheel and dished-styled aluminum rear wheel.
CHASSIS FEATURES: Narrow width double cradle frame is strong and rigid with low center of gravity, low 27" seat height and 35° rake angle - cast aluminum covers provide reinforcement at the swingarm pivot while adding a custom look. High strength inverted front forks feature a unique machined, chrome finish on the outer tubes. Rear shock absorbers are chrome covered and feature 5-way adjustable preload. Custom styled 3-spoke aluminum front wheel and unique dished styled aluminum rear wheel Custom style, teardrop shaped fuel tank featuring a flush-mounted, aircraft style fuel filler cap Two-piece seat blends with the contours of the tank, frame and rear fender - rear seat can be removed to expose the lines of the painted rear fender Large 2-liter storage compartment and built in helmet hooks can be accessed by removing the key operated locking seat - storage compartment can be easily removed to reach the battery.
Flat T-bar-style handlebars accent street racer styling. Large, easy-to-read speedometer with indicator lights for engine temperature, oil pressure and high beam, plus separate panel for neutral and turn signal indicators. Turn signal cancel switch for easy turn signal operation. Standard 4-way emergency flasher and high-beam passing switch. Multi reflector turn signals for improved appearance.
805cc, four-stroke, liquid cooled, 45 degree V-twin, SOHC, 8-valves, TSCC
Bore & Stroke: 83.0 x 74.4mm
Compression ratio: 10.0:1
front: Mikuni BDS36
rear: Mikuni BS36
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Final Drive: 530 chain
Overall Length: 2365mm (93.1 in.)
Overall Width: 750mm (29.5 in.)
Overall Height: 1110mm (43.7 in.)
Seat Height: 700mm (27.6 in.)
Ground Clearance: 135mm (5.3 in.)
Wheelbase: 1645mm (64.8 in.)
Dry Weight: 207kg (456 lbs.)
front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
rear: Swingarm, oil damped, 5-way adjustable spring preload
front: Single hydraulic disc
rear: Single drum
front: 130/90-16 67H
rear: 150/90-15 M/C 74H
Fuel Tank Capacity: 13 liter (3.4 gal.)
Color: Black, Blue and yellow